After the holidays and the great number of cakes and cookies we’ve baked, burnt sugar is the worst housewife nightmare. My family loves cakes and I love making them happy, but unfortunately quite often baking cakes causes awful burnt sugar stains which can be very stubborn. I’ve tried many commercial oven cleaners to deal with the mess in my oven, but the last time when used such a cleaner, I felt dizzy due to the toxic fumes and since then I use only natural cleaning products. Here is an easy and efficient way to clean burnt sugar stains from an oven using natural products.
- White distilled vinegar
- powdered natural laundry detergent
- First, make sure that you put a pair of rubber gloves on your hands, you don’t want to ruin your nails or dry your skin, do you?
- Mix 1 cup of of white distilled vinegar and ¼ cup of powdered natural laundry detergent in a bowl.
- Heat your oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes, then turn it off.
- Use a sponge to spread the cleaning paste around the oven. I apply it more heavily on stained areas.
- Let the paste sit for about an hour.
- Use a plastic spatula to scrape the burnt sugar away.
- Wipe clean with a damp sponge or cloth.
This is all you need to do to restore the original look of your oven. I love this simple cleaning recipes as it saves me a lot of efforts, but it’s much more important that I mustn’t use toxic commercial oven cleaners.
If you don’t have enough time to clean burnt sugar stains off your oven, take a look at the affordable oven cleaning services Fantastic Cleaners Waterloo provide. I’ve had to use their services last summer when I burnt my right hand I couldn’t clean my oven by myself. They did great job.